Drew founded the San Francisco office of Maynard Cooper, where he serves as its Managing Partner.
Trained as a litigator, Drew now advises clients on a wide range of matters, from M&A, private financings, litigating on behalf of Fortune 500 companies to counseling Grammy-award winning artists, high-net worth individuals, and pro athletes on their portfolio matters. His clients have engaged him to defend them when they are sued, to prosecute claims on their behalf, and to advise them on deals and transactions. Drew routinely represents financial institutions, where his clients include a Bay Area-based Fortune 500 brokerage company, a Fortune 500 life insurance and annuity company, a Global 500 financial institution, an Atlanta-based Fortune 500 bank, and multiple start-ups, including Bay-area “Unicorns.”
His practice touches nearly all industry groups within the firm, and he routinely works with the Firm’s practitioners in the following practice groups: Labor & Employment , Mergers & Acquisitions, Fund Formation & Investment Management, Real Estate, Private Equity & Venture Capital , Intellectual Property and International Trade.
Drew is a member of the Association of Life Insurance Council (ALIC) and is a frequent speaker on insurance and financial-related topics to Fortune 500 companies. Additionally, he has served as a faculty member and speaker at DRI’s Life, Health and Disability annual meeting.
The California Daily Journal selected Drew as one of California’s Top 40 Under 40 Lawyers in 2017. In 2016, he was a recipient of the M&A Advisor’s Emerging Leaders awards. Other recognition for his legal work includes being named as one of 26 BTI Client Service All Stars by the legal departments of Fortune 500 companies.
Drew received his J.D. from the University of Georgia School of Law and holds a B.B.A. from the University of Georgia. He is currently obtaining his Masters in Securities and Financial Regulation from Georgetown.
“Andrew is very responsive and strategic.” – Client Testimonial
- Recipient of the 2016 M&A Advisor’s “Emerging Leaders” Awards
- Selected by the California Daily Journal as one of California’s Top 40 Under 40 Lawyers in 2017
Drew’s Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries
- California, Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi State Bar Associations
- Association of Life Insurance Counsel
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Board Member, U.S. Women’s Open, 2016
- Committee Member, Olympic Club Foundation
- Member, Sandy’s Circle, First Tee of San Francisco
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Alabama Board of Directors & Young Professional Leadership Committee, Chair, 2007
- Monday Morning Quarterback Club
- Member, Kiwanis Club
- Former Board Member, Alabama Ballet
- Former Board Member, Robert E. Reed Foundation
- Alabama Sports Hall of Fame, Former Nominations Committee