Christie is Of Counsel and a member of the Real Estate and Banking & Finance practices at Maynard Cooper.
Her practice focuses primarily on real estate transactions, including all aspects of the representation of buyers, sellers, developers and investors in the acquisition, development and disposition of real property. She also advises landlords and tenants on various commercial leasing matters. In addition, Christie represents lenders and borrowers in commercial real estate financing transactions, including acquisition and construction lending, permanent loans and refinancings.
Prior to re-joining Maynard Cooper, Christie served as corporate counsel in the Legal Department at BBVA Compass where she gained significant experience in the commercial lending area. Christie’s prior work also includes the representation of lenders and other secured and unsecured creditors in commercial bankruptcy and reorganization proceedings, loan workouts and debt restructuring efforts, and commercial litigation matters.
Christie received her J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law and holds a B.A. from Dartmouth College.
- Mid-South Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for Real Estate (2016 – Present)
Christie’s Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- BirminghamCREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) Board of Directors – Secretary
- Dartmouth Club of Alabama, President
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Birmingham, Big Sister; Big Sister of the Year, 2016