Heather is a member of the Commercial Lending and Real Estate practice groups at Maynard Cooper. She concentrates her practice on all aspects of the representation of lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured transactions and multi-state financing transactions.
Heather has significant experience in the areas of Small Business Administration (SBA) lending, regulatory compliance, commercial loan documentation, commercial finance, and creditor’s rights. She has handled numerous matters involving documentation of commercial financing transactions, including SBA 7(a) and 504 loans, accounts-receivable financing, and unsecured lending.
In addition, Heather regularly advises clients regarding compliance with federal and state consumer finance laws. She also counsels individuals and small businesses on real estate acquisition, property disposition, and business succession planning.
Heather received her J.D. from Cumberland School of Law, and she holds a B.S. from the University of South Alabama.
Heather’s Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders, serves as firm’s member of record
- Red Mountain Park Junior Board, President (2017); Vice President (2016)
Heather’s Speaking Engagements
- Estate Planning for Business Owners, National Association of Home Builders, Birmingham, Alabama (September 29, 2016)
- “Table of Experts: Insights into Succession Planning” Birmingham Business Journal panel discussion, Birmingham, Alabama (September 23, 2016)
- Trust Basics and Taxation, Way, Ray, Shelton, Tuscaloosa, Alabama (September 22, 2016)
- Cover Your Assets: Asset Protection Planning in 2016, AL Probate and Estate Planning Conference, Birmingham Marriott at Grandview Parkway (May 9-10, 2016)
- Alabama Small Estates, Birmingham Probate Section Lunch and Learn (June 26, 2015)
- GRATs, DINGs, and Things, Huntsville/Madison County Financial and Estate Planning Council (May 28, 2015)
- Trust Taxation 101, Oakworth Trust Department, Birmingham (April 7, 2015)
- Alabama Small Estates, Cumberland School of Law CLE, Wynfrey Hotel, Hoover (September 26, 2014)
- Cover Your Assets: Asset Protection Planning in 2014, Embassy Suites, Hoover (November 21, 2014)
- Business Succession Planning, Merrill Lynch and Bank of America Forum of Female Business Owners, Daniel George, Birmingham (October 29, 2014)
- Trust Taxation 101, Regions Bank Trust Department, Mobile, Alabama (June 4, 2014) (May 16, 2014)
- Estate Planning Portability Presentation, Bankers’ Fall Trust Conference, Birmingham (September 26, 2013)