Manson Murray is considered by many to be the dean of the commercial bar in the Mobile area. His vast experience has led him to be recognized as an authority in the areas of corporate transactions, business counseling, mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate development, banking, maritime financing and trust and estate planning. Manson has served as a director of numerous publicly and privately traded corporations and banking institutions and has served as General Counsel for a number of those entities. Manson also serves as the Trustee of a large private charitable foundation benefiting education and health care providers.
Manson was a founding partner of Vickers Riis in 1956. Throughout his career he has been active in the community and has served as a member of the Board of Directors for several United Way agencies, Chairman of the Board of the Julius T. Wright School for Girls (now UMS-Wright Preparatory School) and served on the judicial nominating committee for the 13th Judicial District for many years.
Manson has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America published by Woodruff/White, since its 1992 edition in the areas of Banking and Finance Law and Corporate Law.
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Banking and Finance Law – Commercial Finance, Finance, Maritime Lending, Corporate Law
Manson’s Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- Alabama State Bar
- Mobile Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Past Member, Judicial Commission of Mobile County, Alabama
- Past Director, Southern Industries Corporation
- Past Director, National American Corporation
- Past Director, Midstream Fuel Service, Inc.
- Past Director, First National Bank of Mobile
- Past Advisory Director, AmSouth Bank