Michael is a Shareholder and Co-Chair of Maynard Cooper’s Corporate Securities and Tax Practice Group. He has over 19 years of experience advising companies and their boards of directors in mergers, acquisitions, strategic alliances, private equity transactions, corporate governance issues, and intellectual property transfers. He represents clients on both the sale-side and buy-side of transactions, many of which involve middle market companies and deals ranging from $10 Million to $1 Billion.
Michael’s clients span a broad range of industries, having a particular concentration in the biotechnology, digital, aerospace, and defense markets. With his expansive industry knowledge and diverse client base, Michael is frequently handling cross-border issues related to mergers, acquisitions, defense and aerospace industry requirements, and the transfer and licensing of intellectual property, as well as other types of business matters.
Martindale-Hubbell® awarded Michael an AV Preeminent™ peer review rating for his legal abilities and strong professional standards in the areas of Corporate Law, Business Law, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Divestitures. His talents have also earned him recognition as a leading attorney in the area of Corporate Law by The Best Lawyers in America©. He was selected to serve as the 2017 Chairman of the Southeastern Business Law Institute. Michael received his LL.M. from Boston University, and he holds a J.D. from Cumberland School of Law (Samford University) and a B.A. from the University of the South (Sewanee).
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Corporate Law (2018); Mergers and Acquisitions (2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent rating
Michael’s Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- Southeastern Business Law Institute, 2017 Chairman
- American Bar Association (Business and Finance Section)
- Alabama Bar Association (Business Section)
- Tennessee Bar Association (Business and Finance Section)
- District of Columbia Bar Association (Business and Finance Section)
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- Huntsville Finance and Estate Planning Council
- Association of Corporate Growth
- Boys and Girls Club of North Alabama, Board Member
- BBVA Compass Bank, Member North Alabama Advisory Board