Clark is a Shareholder in Maynard Cooper’s Corporate Securities and Tax Practice and a member of the firm’s Securities Regulation and Corporate Finance group.
He represents business clients, including private equity and portfolio companies, in a variety of complex business transactions, including negotiation and structuring of equity and debt investments for venture capital, private equity and mezzanine debt investment funds and other private equity investors, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, reorganization, recapitalization, and “going private.” Clark has significant experience with the preparation of disclosure documents for public and private offerings and venture capital financings, as well as with the registration, offer and sale of equity and debt securities and stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions.
Clark’s skills and talents in the corporate sector have consistently earned him recognition in The Best Lawyers in America©, including being tapped as the 2018 Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” in Corporate Compliance Law and again in 2019 as the “Lawyer of the Year” in the area of Corporate Governance Law.
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Corporate Compliance Law, Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, and Venture Capital Law (2011 – present)
- Best Lawyers® 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” in the area of Corporate Governance Law; 2018 “Lawyer of the Year” for Corporate Compliance Law
- Mid-South Super Lawyers for Mergers & Acquisitions (2016-present)
- Alabama Super Lawyers for Business/Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Securities & Corporate Finance (2008-2015)
- Birmingham Magazine‘s Top Attorneys (2013)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Rating
Clark’s Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
Clark’s Speaking Engagements
CLE Alabama Seminar – “Banking Law Update”
Friday Feb. 10, 2017
During this day-long seminar, Clark was a featured speaker during the “Preparing for Mergers and Acquisitions” session.