Maynard Cooper represents global automotive and aerospace companies of every tier. Our multi-disciplinary approach for automotive manufacturers and suppliers extends to all phases of business, from initial site selection to the overall evaluation of the business and tax climate. We counsel clients on economic incentives, project financing, as well as environmental permitting to state and federal regulations. Our aerospace lawyers have advised clients on issues with defense contracts, products liability exposure and regulatory matters, with recent emphasis on international trade/ITAR compliance, technology licensing, and intellectual property issues. Maynard Cooper has developed a specialized expertise in the area of robotics and autonomous vehicles, including protection of cutting edge products related to autonomous vehicles, ranging from drones and personal aerial vehicles to artificially intelligent robots.
Our representation of automotive and aerospace clients includes:
- Aerospace commercial rocket engine manufacturing facility, including relocation of its U.S. defense headquarters from California to north Alabama
- Financing for the construction of a first-ever design and assemble communication satellite manufacturing facility in Alabama
- Site selection and all phases related to airport facility in pursuit of a major defense contract for the manufacturing of in-air tankers
- One of the world’s largest aerospace companies for its self-piloted vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) passenger-carrying aircraft (aka personal aerial vehicles) for use in urban air mobility
- Tier 1 Canadian automotive metal stamper, an affiliate of one of the world’s largest international automotive suppliers, in locating and expanding in central Alabama
- Japanese OEM in its manufacturing of engines and engine parts for its own assembly plant
- Tier 1 German supplier of leather inlay and related products with respect to incentives, site selection and corporate reorganization
- Japanese OEM in its site selection process for multi-million dollar automobile manufacturing facility in southeast Alabama
- Tier 2 Japanese oil blending and manufacturing company in its location, site development and regulatory compliance in central Alabama
- Tier 1 Korean-American supplier of brake lines in its location and site development in southeast Alabama
- Major national cast iron locomotive wheel manufacturer in its site selection and incentive package in central Alabama
- Defended an automobile manufacturer in Alabama Motor Vehicle Franchise Act and dealer discrimination claims for Motor Vehicle Franchise Act and dealer discrimination claims
- Defended an automobile manufacturer in claims related to unauthorized termination and wind down proceedings with Alabama franchise owners
- Obtained a multi-million dollar jury verdict on behalf of a USAF Depot Maintenance contractor as a result of an international supplier providing non-military specification flight cables
- Defended a national helicopter manufacturer in a wrongful death/products liability case related to allegedly defective aircraft design
- Served as trial counsel for an aircraft modification and maintenance provider against an aircraft finance company resulting in a multi-million dollar jury verdict in favor of our client
- Defended a specialty metals company against contract and intentional tort claims related to the manufacture of components used on U.S. Army helicopters
- Defended a automobile component part manufacturer in product liability litigation
- Defended a specialty metals manufacturer against contract and intentional tort claims related to the manufacture of parts used on U.S. Army helicopters
- AGC Automotive Americas, Inc.
- Benteler Automotive Alabama, Inc.
- Briggs & Stratton
- Concours Mold Alabama, Inc.
- Eissmann Manufacturing North America, Inc.
- Ford Motor Co.
- General Motors
- Glovis America, Inc./Glovis Alabama, L.L.C.
- Heil Environmental Industries, Inc.
- Kia Motors America, Inc.
- KwangSung America Corporation
- Magna International/KAMTEK
- Nippon Oil Lubricants America, LLC
- Nissan Motors
- North American Bus Industries, Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- TI Group Automotive Systems, L.L.C.
- Toyota Housing Services USA, Inc.
Birmingham, Al. Maynard Cooper & Gale is pleased to announce that Raymond L. Bell, Jr. has joined the Firm as a Shareholder in the Government Solutions Practice Group of the Corporate Section. Bell will practice out of both the Mobile…
On November 20, 2018, Leland Murphree will be on a webinar panelist for the American Bankruptcy Institute, “Hot Issues in the Ongoing Third Party Release Debates.”