Maynard Cooper’s Banking and Financial Services group provides the sophisticated legal services required by an ever-more-complex industry. We represent banks, bank holding companies, and other non-bank financial institutions of all sizes, from national bank holding companies to regional banking organizations with operations throughout the Southeast, as well as smaller, public and privately-held bank holding companies and community banks. Our clients include non-bank mortgage companies, trust companies, credit unions, insurance companies, broker-dealers, and investment firms.
Our attorneys specialize in consumer regulatory compliance, with a focus on helping our clients find practical solutions and business practices to comply with regulations such as RESPA, Truth-in-Lending, Reg Z, S.A.F.E. Act requirements and that address industry topics such as Fair Lending and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act. In addition to depository institutions, our clients include mortgage lenders, mortgage servicers, manufactured housing companies and other non-bank providers of retail financial products to consumers.
Our lawyers have been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America©, by Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, and by their peers as top attorneys in Banking. We regularly advise financial institutions of all sizes on matters involving every aspect of their business and the increasingly complex regulatory environment in which they operate.
Maynard Cooper is a member of the following associations:
- American Bankers Association
- Community Bankers Association of Alabama
- Alabama Bankers Association
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- Mortgage Bankers Association of America
- Mortgage Bankers Association of Alabama
- Manufactured Housing Institute
- American General Securities, Inc.
- Beal Bank
- Clayton Homes
- Collateral Holdings, Ltd.
- Columbia Mortgage Capital, L.L.C.
- Dovenmuehle Mortgage, Inc.
- Edward Jones & Co., L.P.
- Fidelity Investments
- First American Bank (now RBC Bank)
- Fleet Finance, Inc.
- Gardnyr Michael Capital, Inc.
- GE Capital Corporation
- Grandbridge Real Estate Capital LLC
- H&R Block, Inc.
- McGraw-Hill, Inc. (Standard & Poors)
- Morgan Asset Management, Inc.
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Morgan, Keegan & Co., Inc.
- National Bank of Commerce
- Noble Bank & Trust N.A.
- Oakworth Capital Bank
- OneAmerica Securities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP
- ProEquities, Inc.
- Progress Bank and Trust
- Raymond James Financial Services, Inc.
- RBC Bank
- Regions Financial Corporation
- Select Portfolio Servicing
- Sterne, Agee & Leach, Inc.
- The Frazer Lanier Company
- Transamerica Business Credit Corporation
- UBS Financial Services, Inc.
- United Security BancShares, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Advisors
- World Omni Financial Corporation
Birmingham, Al. Maynard Cooper & Gale is pleased to announce that Raymond L. Bell, Jr. has joined the Firm as a Shareholder in the Government Solutions Practice Group of the Corporate Section. Bell will practice out of both the Mobile…
On November 20, 2018, Leland Murphree will be on a webinar panelist for the American Bankruptcy Institute, “Hot Issues in the Ongoing Third Party Release Debates.”