Maynard Cooper provides comprehensive litigation services to a wide range of retail clients, including specialty retailers, big-box retailers and department stores.
The firm serves as national counsel to the second-largest video specialty retailer in the United States. In addition, the Firm regularly counsels and represents retail clients on a wide range of issues throughout Alabama and the Southeastern United States, including leasing matters, tax advice and disputes, commercial litigation and arbitration, consumer disputes and litigation, and class action defense litigation. Whether it is transactional or litigation, our goal is to understand our clients’ needs and help to successfully achieve their goals in the most effective and efficient manner possible, adhering to our Firm’s founding principle:
To provide our clients with the best and most professional service of which we are capable, remembering that service to clients is the principal reason for a law firm’s existence.
Representative engagements include:
- Defending retailer in nationwide class action alleging claims under credit card truncation provisions of the Fair Credit and Reporting Act
- Defending specialty retailer in competing nationwide consumer class action litigation in different jurisdictions, ultimately negotiating settlement of this litigation and successfully defending settlement in competing jurisdictions
- Obtaining summary judgment on behalf of specialty retailer in multi-million dollar franchise dispute in United States District Court in Texas and successfully upholding summary judgment before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Defending specialty retailer in consumer class action in arbitration before the AAA
- Defending specialty grocery retailer in multi-million dollar complex commercial litigation
- Defending big-box retailer in purported national sales tax class action
- Defending department store retailer in purported class action regarding defective merchandise
- Defending complex, commercial claims on behalf of retailers in federal courts and arbitration
- Representing retailers in trademark, trade dress and copyright issues
- Representing retailers in employment matters
- Representing retailers in negotiations with landlords, licensors, and compliance matters.
Birmingham, Al. Maynard Cooper & Gale is pleased to announce that Raymond L. Bell, Jr. has joined the Firm as a Shareholder in the Government Solutions Practice Group of the Corporate Section. Bell will practice out of both the Mobile…
On November 20, 2018, Leland Murphree will be on a webinar panelist for the American Bankruptcy Institute, “Hot Issues in the Ongoing Third Party Release Debates.”