Grey Redditt has represented business and industry clients in environmental, toxic tort and product liability litigation for over three decades. His practice is largely focused on class action, multi-party and multi-jurisdictional litigation. Representations have included litigation arising under Federal and State environmental laws; soil, groundwater and surface water contamination claims; air releases; chemical, pesticide and herbicide exposure claims; and asbestos claims. Grey has served as national and regional trial counsel for a number of companies in the asbestos litigation, and he has in this capacity handled cases throughout the United States and its territories. His success in defending clients in this field has earned him recognition by The Best Lawyers in America© in the area of Product Liability Litigation.
Grey is a principal in the Asbestos Liability Risk Analysis Group, an organization focused on the analysis of asbestos risks for business, insurance and financial clients, and projecting potential asbestos liabilities for those clients.
Grey serves as outside General Counsel for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Mobile, and in this role counsels clients on matters ranging from employment, school law, and health care matters to business and real estate, as well as representing the Archdiocese in a wide range of litigated matters.
Active in a number of professional organizations, Grey has chaired Defense Research Institute Committees and lectured at seminars in areas related to his practice. He is also active in the South Alabama community, and serves on numerous civic, charitable and governmental boards.
Representative Class Action and Toxic Tort Litigation
- Fisher v. Ciba-Geigy, et al, United States District Court, Southern District of Alabama, defense of class action alleging DDT contamination of groundwater, public drinking water and land in multiple Southwest Alabama counties.
- Virgie Adams v. Akzo Nobel Chemicals, District Court of Tarrant County, Texas, defense of mass consolidation of toxic exposure cases from hazardous waste site.
- Fletcher v. Liggett Tobacco Co., Circuit Court of Mobile County, Alabama, class counsel representing recoupment class members seeking recovery of monies paid for tobacco related illnesses.
- Price v. Ciba-Geigy Corporation, et al, United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama, defense of national class action involving chlordimeform exposure.
- Rawls v. Ciba-Geigy Corporation, et al, Circuit Court of Washington County, Alabama, defense of class action for various chemical exposures in Mobile and Washington County, Alabama.
- Sykes v. Novartis, et al, United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama, defense of class action involving Atrazine exposures.
- Iberville Water Works Board v. Novartis, et al, United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama, defense of national class action alleging atrazine contamination of public water works systems.
- Moye v. Delvan Development Corporation, et al, Circuit Court, Monroe County, Alabama, defense of class action alleging improper pricing of gas condensates.
- Southdown v. Allen, et al, United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama, defense of CERCLA suit on behalf of generator defendants involving hazardous waste site clean up in Jefferson County, Alabama.
- Todd, et al., v. Reichhold Chemical Corporation, et al., Circuit Court of Mobile County, Alabama, defense of consolidation of cases alleging ground water aquifer pollution in Alabama.
- Odom v. Reichhold Chemical Corporation, et al., United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama, defense of suit alleging pollution of ground water in Mississippi.
- Holt v. Atlantic Land Corporation, District Court, Harris County, Texas, defense of employee suit alleging asbestos exposures.
- Tucker v. Alabama Dry Dock and Shipbuilding Company, District Court, Galveston County, Texas, defense of suit alleging marine asbestos exposure.
- Hughes, et al v. Syngenta Crop Protection, et al, United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama, defense of multi-party crop damage suit arising out of use of defective fungicide.
- TRIAL COUNSEL – Foster Wheeler Corporation, Crane Co., Goulds Pumps, Inc., IMC-Global/Mallinckrodt LLC, RPM Inc., Young and Vann Supply Co., Inc., Weyerhaeuser Company, Federated Development Company
- National Asbestos Trial Counsel, H. K. Porter Company, 1977-1991.
- Regional Counsel – Foster Wheeler Corporation, Texas, Puerto Rico and Alabama Asbestos Litigation, 1991-2004.
- Regional Asbestos Counsel- Alabama Dry Dock & Shipbuilding Co.
- Counsel – Rapid American Corporation – Alabama and Puerto Rico Asbestos Litigation, 1991-2013.
- Counsel – Kaiser Aluminum and Chemical Corporation – Puerto Rico Asbestos Litigation, 1998-2004.
- Alabama Asbestos Counsel, Pittsburgh Corning and Fibreboard Corporation, 1989-1991.
- Alabama Asbestos Counsel, Center for Claims Resolution, 1989-1991.
- Special Trial Counsel, Keene Corporation, 1990-1991.
- Current Alabama Counsel for numerous defendants.
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Product Liability Litigation: Defendants (2018)
- Best Lawyers® 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” in the area of Product Liability Litigation: Defendants
- University of South Alabama, Honorary Inductee of the Phi Sigma Iota Fraternity
Grey’s Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association, Sections on International Law and Practice; Environment, Energy and Resources
- New York State Bar Association, Sections on International Practice, and Environmental and Energy Law
- Defense Research Institute, Toxic Torts and Environmental Law Section; Chair, Asbestosis and Silicosis Committee (2000-2004); Chair, Agricultural Chemicals and Pesticides Committee (2004-2006)
- National Diocesan Attorneys Association
- Region V Diocesan Attorneys Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- New York Academy of Trial Lawyers
- American Inns of Court
- Baldwin County Historic Development Commission
- Bay Rivers Arts Guild, Founding Director
- Catholic Housing of Mobile, Board Member
- Senior Citizens Services of Mobile, Board Member and Past President
- McGill Institute Charitable Trust, Trustee
- Fort Morgan Foundation, Board Member
- Point Clear Rotary Club
- Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem, Officer
- President, Society Mobile, La Habana
- Swift-Coles Historic Home, Board Member