Kevin is a Shareholder in the firm’s Public Finance and Health Care Practice Groups.
Kevin’s practice covers all aspects of public finance work, including publicly offered bond financings, tax-exempt direct lending transactions, disclosure issues, tax-exempt compliance, and mergers and acquisitions involving governmental and 501(c)(3) health care entities. His clients range from national and regional investment banks, large integrated health care delivery systems, community hospitals, cities, counties and other political subdivisions, special purpose non-profit entities, commercial banks, and other entities that operate in the tax-exempt finance sector.
Kevin’s practice focuses on health care finance, primarily for nonprofit and governmental health care providers. He also advises health care delivery systems on tax compliance and securities disclosure issues.
Kevin is listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for his work in the areas of Municipal Law and Public Finance. He received his J.D. cum laude from The University of Alabama School of Law and holds a B.S. from Auburn University.
- Underwriter or disclosure counsel to national investment banking firm in numerous bond financings involving large health care delivery systems (Ongoing)
- Bond counsel to governmental and 501(c)(3) health care delivery systems in Alabama in numerous publicly offered and direct placement debt financings (Ongoing)
- Bond counsel to large civic center authority in publicly-offered bond financings (Ongoing)
- Counsel to public corporation that owns and operates a central energy plant for a specialized Alabama acute care hospital (2009)
- Bond counsel to Alabama cities and counties in a number of publicly-offered bond financings and direct lending transactions (Ongoing)
- Lender’s counsel to a national commercial bank in a direct loan to a multi-state hospital system and subsequent replacement of the system’s master trust indenture (2014)
- Counsel to acute-care community hospital in the transfer of its assets to a governmental health care system pursuant to a long-term lease arrangement (2013)
- Counsel to acute-care community hospital in the sale of its assets to a national for-profit health care system (2010)
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Municipal Law and Public Finance (2017-present)
Kevin’s Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Alabama Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association